Sunday, September 7, 2008

FINALLY! I Stamped!


After a long and exhausting week of school, my body finally got so wore out that it decided to get sick. This weekend Nick and I both ended up feeling pretty ill. We layed down today after church to take a nap and slept for 3 solid hours! I was shocked that I could sleep that long after a full night's rest. Anyway, Friday Nick brought home a new cabinet that someone was going to dump so we decided it would be the perfect storage for my stamping supplies. We are in the process of altering it a little but so far it is working out great! When we get it completed, I will share the pictures with you. Nick also bought me a new daylight lamp that is amazing! I can finally take pictures at night and have them turn out fairly decent! This picture was just taken a couple of minutes ago so you can see what I mean!

Anyway, I made this card for Julee's Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I really liked the sketch and enjoyed playing around with it. For the image I pulled my Stitched Exotics set out and started playing around with the stamps. I embossed both the flower and the flourish by stamping the image in versamark first and then the selected color. I used my glossy glaze enamel for this type of embossing. I love the fun yet elegant look that this card has. The pearls definitely add to the elegance of it but the fun paper adds a kind of funky feel.

Well, that's all I have for now! Thanks for patiently waiting on my post! I hope you enjoy your night!

Recipe: Stamps: Stitched Exotics, All Holidays Paper: So Saffron, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Haiku dsp Ink: Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Basic Black, Versamark Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Ribbon, Pretties Kit, Glossy Glaze Enamel, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Love the pearl accents. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)