Sunday, August 17, 2008

Congratulations Jessie! :D


As promised, here is my card for today's Featured Stamper challenge over on Splitcoast. As I already mentioned, today's Featured Stamper is Jessie (aka: knightrone) and let me just tell you...she ROCKS! I have gotten a ton of my own inspiration from Jessie in the past and of course this card was not different. It was so tough to choose just one card but I finally settled on this one. Isn't it fabulous? I LOVE the colors she used so I had to stick with similar colors. Of course I used Kiwi Kiss instead of Certainly Celery because I am literally obsessed and I love it! Now, I did leave off a couple of layers on my card partly because Jessie has been crowned the layer queen and I need to try and conserve some card stock! Hehe. However, I searched for a stamp that was similar to the one she used and decided that this amazing branch image from the SU! Embrace Life set would look fabulous on it's side! I do love how it looks too. I don't have my new Kiwi Kiss ribbon yet (it will be here Tuesday) so I used some of my white taffeta ribbon. I also decided to replace the paper piercing with white dots on my scallops (I honestly didn't have room for piercing). That was all it took to put this card together! It took me 10 min. tops! Well...after picking which card I wanted to case. That is one of the reasons why I LOVE participating in the Featured Stamper challenge. Casing a card is a piece of cake but it is tons of fun! Anyway, make sure you check out Jessie's blog and then head over to her gallery to pick a card that you can case! You will love it, I promise! Take care everyone and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

ETA: I wanted to let you all know that it did warm up about 10 degrees finally and the sun finally peeked out from behind the clouds! Now I have my window open and a nice cool mountain breeze is flowing through! I love it!

Recipe:
Stamps: Embrace Life
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Black StazOn, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Blender Pens, Gel Pen, Dimensionals


1 comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Thank you so much girlfreind...you are too sweet!! Your case is fabulous!!