Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Very First Criss-Cross Card

And I'm not sure if I like it! I hate working so hard on a card and then not knowing for sure how I feel about it. I have been wanting to make a criss-cross card for a long time and so I finally just decided to sit down and do one. I followed along with Roxy's video tutorial but you can also find the tutorial on SCS resource page. The problem with this card was that I didn't have much designer paper to choose from. I like the designer paper that I picked, I'm just not sure it goes that great with the stamp set I choose to use. I just can't decide! Anyway, here is what I have. I don't have the round tab punch yet (it is an item I will soon get) so I decided to try and use ribbon as my pull. It was extremely hard to add without making the card look bulky in that spot. Oh well, it works. I also am bummed that I stamped the sentiment crooked. I guess the stamp-a-ma-jig is another must have for me! Well, thanks for looking. Let me know what you think! Give me your opinions, advice, ideas, etc. Anything is welcome! :D
Recipe:
Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Paper: Night of Navy, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Brocade Blue, Whisper White, Designer Paper (K-I Memories)
Ink: Night of Navy, Rose Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Iridescent EP, Corner Rounder Punch
Technique: Embossing

Well, I doubt I will get any stamping done tomorrow but I promise to post a card that I received earlier from a good friend! Look forward to that because it is a goodie! :D


2 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE that card. I think the paper choice is perfect for the butterfly stamp. (I love that set by the way!) Really - I love it. Great job :)

Jackie W. said...

Very nice card! Can you believe I still haven't attempted one yet?? I'm glad I found your blog (thanks to your link to mine--thanks!) Hugs & smiles, Jackie