Friday, October 5, 2012

YNS Fun Friday


Good Friday morning everyone! I am thrilled to be able to share a card with you today because I was asked to be this months guest designer for Your Next Stamp! Woohoo! If you weren't already aware, YNS is one of my all-time favorite stamp companies! Their designs are so adorable and I just love to color them with my Copics! That being said, I am just over the moon excited to be able to join the fabulous YNS design team again this month!

Anyway, today I participated in this week's YNS Fun Friday. For the month of October, our Fun Friday theme is "Let it Snow". Of course I had to pull out the adorable snowman from the "Freezy the Snowman" set. He is just so stinkin' cute! Also, I wanted to use a sentiment from the amazing "Holiday Snow Globe Set". I just love that set!

To create my card, I pulled some Garden Green card stock (SU!) for my cardbase and embossed it using my snowflake Cuttlebug folder on half of the card front. I then layered on some panels using Riding Hood Red (SU!) and Chocolate Chip (SU!) card stock. I stamped and colored the snowman using my Copic markers and then cut him out using the Spellbinders Labels Eighteen dies. I used the Martha Stewart snowflake border punch to add some detail to the red strip and embellished with some ribbon and brads. 

Now on to my favorite part of the card. The dp. Can you tell what it is? My 20 month old daughter colored it for me! I was trying to figure out a way to really personalize our Christmas cards this year and what better way then by having her help me make them??? My husband absolutely loved the idea and was amazed that I could create a card that still looked well put together after using a piece of paper that had been "scribbled" on. I think her "scribbling" just adds so much though! What do you think?

Well, that's all for today's card! Stop by the YNS blog to see what everyone else has created for today's Fun Friday challenge! Feel free to play along as well! We would love to see what you create! 


No comments: