Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bad News...


I was not able to get my Jacksonbelle Challenge card done for today. Am I horrible or what? To be honest, Sunday night was awful and so the rest of Monday was ruined as well. Nick and I went to bed at a decent time Sunday and I am not kidding when I say it took me well over 4 hours to fall asleep! Talk about frustrating! I have a feeling part of the reason I was so restless was the fact that I knew school was starting the next morning and I needed to get plenty of sleep. Apparently I was so aware of it, my body couldn't focus enough! Grrr! Let's just say that I was pretty exhausted by the time school got out and I couldn't concentrate on ANYTHING once I got home. I hardly had the energy to make supper, let alone sit down and get crafty. Ok, so now that I am done with my excuses, do you forgive me? I sure hope so! :)

This card is one that I created a week ago for the There She Goes sketch challenge. I used the "Tea For Two" set and paired it with my Cosmo Cricket Everafter paper. I paper pieced the teapot and teacups and then popped the teapot up on dimensionals. The card stock used was Really Rust and Very Vanilla and the sentiment was embossed using Basic Gray ink!

Well, that's it for today's post! I'm off to my second day of school. Yesterday went very well and I am hoping that today will be even smoother! So far I am pretty excited about this group of kiddos. They seem to be a fun and energetic group. I just hope I can keep my own excitement up for them!

Until later, take care!

3 comments:

Nina said...

aweeeee... hate when that happens... hopefully you got good sleep last night!! lovely card, great colors and makes me want more coffee, only with a friend! :O)

Nina said...

diacent

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Darling card! And I will be experiencing the "sleepless night before the 1st day of school"... soon.