Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh My Goodness, Oh My Goodness!

Wowza! Last night and today have been INCREDIBLE (well...for the most part...I woke up this morning with pink eye!)! Last night Nick and I went shopping and I found some really great deals that I want to share with you! However, before I get to that I have to share the most exciting part! Beth picked me to be the Featured Stamper on Splitcoast this week! :D Can you say "overjoyed"??? I discovered it last night when I went to check my email and couldn't figure out why I had received so many comments in my gallery! I then read one of the comments that said "Congrats on being the featured stamper!" I was so excited I was shaking! Nick though I had lost it! Haha. It was like midnight when I checked so of course I couldn't sleep! Anyway, thank you to everyone for your incredibly sweet comments! They have meant so much to me! :D Now...I do have some pictures and a card to share with you!

First of all, here are my great finds! These first few things were found at Hobby Lobby. I went in with two 40% off coupons (Nick and I each get to use one...we know how to work the system...hehe) and we immediately headed to the stamp section. I wasn't really sure what I was looking for...I just knew I wanted to use my coupons. So we got to the clear stamp section and guess what we discovered! Hobby Lobby got some new stamps in! :D They have the Changito clear sets (which I can't wait to buy) and the adorable cupcake sets (which is also on my wish list), along with tons of others from Stampendous!. However, I had to wait on all of those because I found these two incredible sets! They had this amazing Birds Galore set by Inkadikado AND this adorable Mindy's Zoo set by Autumn Leaves that I have been eying online! It was heaven! I had been trying to find both sets for a long time now! The Mindy's Zoo set was $14.99 and the Inkadinkadoo set was $9.99 but with my 40% coupons they were a steal! Sorry for the ramblings but I had just had to tell you!

I also knew when I went to Hobby Lobby that I wanted to find a basket to put my single wood mounted stamps in. I had been struggling to figure out how to store them and I got the basket idea from Mindy! I just LOVE her basket but don't need anything that big yet so I bought this one! It was a steal too! It was 50% off and only cost me $5! I couldn't believe it! I just think it is gorgeous! :D

After we went to Hobby Lobby we decided to go to Ross (for those of you who don't know what Ross is, it's a lot like Gordman's). I can always find a great deal at Ross and this trip was no different! I had been looking for something to hold all of my SU! magazines, catalogs, and binders along with some other things and this basket was perfect! I didn't know how perfect it was until I got home and put everything in it! Can you believe how perfect those binders fit??? I couldn't! So...that was my next big find.

And finally, my last big find of the day were these amazing shoes! When my SIL was visiting she needed to borrow my shoes so I let her and don't you know...she ruined them. I knew I was going to be needing some new shoes so I just decided to look in the shoe section and I found these for only $20! The best part about them...you can change the colors of the stripes! Woohoo! :D Isn't that exciting??? I think so.

Well, thanks for dealing with all of my excitement! I was overwhelmed, let me tell you. :D I am now going to share a card with you to show my appreciation! I will probably be back later with a new card using my new stamps!



I made this card for one of Lizzie Anne's birthday bash sketch challenges! I struggled to ink up the flowers but finally got them the way I wanted. I then added some glitter to the petals and crystal effects to the centers. I added this fabulous gingham ribbon and paper pierced along side it! I do want to mention that I have discovered how dependent I am on sketch challenges so I decided that I am going to challenge myself to use my own sketches at least twice a week!

Have a great Sunday afternoon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Lizzie Anne designs
Paper: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Bali Breeze dp
Ink: None
Accessories: SU! Markers, Paper Piercer, SU! Glitter, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals, Brads, Ribbon


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I just chose my card to case at Splitcoast. Love your work!!!

leanne said...

Way to go Steph! Congrats on being the featured stamper. And super job on all your finds! Seems like a fun weekend to me...

I love your card too. That green ribbon is too fun. I've been trying to call you, to see about scrapbooking...

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - Congrats on being todays FS - WAAAHHHHOOOOO!!! Just got back from our little trip and I'll try to case a card this week!!!

BTW - great finds and nice stuff you've bought - LOL!!!

Hugs ~Silke~

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being the featured stamper! Had fun looking through your gallery! So sorry you have pink eye though! Hope you're over it quickly.
smiles,Deena

Megan said...

Wow! I'm way late on commenting on this blog but I've been busy (I'm sorry!) - I feel like a slacker.

Anyway, you got some steals! I LOVE those shoes! They are amazing. And I agree about Hobby Lobby AND Ross - you can always find SOMETHING!! :)

I miss you girlie!