Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lots of Business to Take Care of!


So, I have been a really bad blogger! :( I have received TONS of RAKs and TONS of awards and I have not posted them yet! I apologize to all of you that have either sent me RAKs or given me an award! I have appreciated each and every one of them SO MUCH! I just don't have enough time in a day! Anyway, I will be back with those in an hour or so. For now I am going to share a card with all of you wonderful ladies! :D I made this card for one of the Lizzie Anne sketch challenges that is going on over there! Lizzie Anne is celebrating their 2nd birthday and they are celebrating ALL MONTH LONG! It's super exciting for me because Lizzie Anne is by far, one of my favorite stamp companies! They have the most adorable sets at low cost! :D If you haven't checked them out, DO IT! Hehe! Sorry, I feel like I am a committing SU! affair when I talk like that. SU! still rocks. I am so excited for their new catalog too! Ok, I am rambling. Anyway, I wasn't sure how I felt about this card but Nick insisted that it was really cool so I guess it must be. Haha! He is my biggest critic (besides myself) and I take his opinion very seriously. He usually tells me what he doesn't like about my cards too! So since he liked this one, I figured I do too. I sponged around the edges of the dp so that it would look "westerny" and rugged. I think it looks a little burnt, which is cool. I then roughed up the edges of the paper/cardstock with my fingernail. It has a nice effect and it's a cheap technique! :D I then added my Wal-Mart twine and brads for a finished look. So, what do you think? Are you in love with Lizzie Anne stamps yet??? If not, stay tuned, because I will have a few more cards from the Lizzie Anne challenges! Be sure to check back later for my RAK posts and award posts, along with today's SCS challenge card. Sorry for my ramblings. I truly appreciate those of you who stick with me because I'm not sure I could do it! :D

Recipe:
Stamps: Lizzie Anne
Ink: Black StazOn, Close to Cocoa
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Close to Cocoa, My Mind's Eye dp
Accessories: SU! Markers, Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers, Brads, Twine, Fingernails (hehe)


No comments: