Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Introducing...The Sock Monkey!


Isn't he so much fun? I think so! The deal with this set is, either you like it, or you don't! Us SU! demonstrators are split on opinions. I happen to LOVE it! :D (I had a reader ask what :D means...it's a smiley face! Hehe!) Ok. So the great thing about this stamp set is that it has tons of accessories! I used the hat and cupcake on this card. I decided that both the hat and the cupcake needed some shine so I added crystal effects! I colored everything in with my SU! markers and I popped the cupcake up on dimensionals. For this card I used this week's SCS sketch challenge. It was a fun and simple one, which I like! I used more of my wonderful chocolate chip ribbon (I finally do have other colors!) too! I really like how this card turned out! I hope that you too are excited about this set! Thanks for stopping by again! I am sorry for not being too talkative today. I am not sure why that is. I just don't have much to say I guess. Have a great night!

P.S. Oh...I also want to mention that I think my husband just bought a truck. Haha! He bid on it and is currently the high bidder! Wish us luck with that!

Recipe:
Stamps: Sock Monkey
Paper: Whisper White, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, KI Memories dp
Ink: Black StazOn
Accessories: SU! Markers, Ribbon, Dimensionals, Crystal Effects



8 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

SOOOO super cute girl!! I love what you have done with this monkey, ecspecially because I don't really like him, but he is growing on me!! Congrats on getting featured stamper, that is just awesome girl!! Hope your pink eye is better, my little niece has it right now, the bacterial one thank goodness!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. I didn't think I would like this set, but I bought it and now I love it. I've got two cards posted on my blog using it and a lot of ideas for more cards. Thanks for sharing.

Heather
scrappinmominky.blogspot.com

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh that cute darn sock monkey, i just love him.

Lee said...

Oh what a cuuuuuuuuuute card!!! I so wasn't sure about this image....but you sure rocked it!!! And that dp is so perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Step he is so sweet..I love him..the way you dressed him up is just darling..gotta get that stamp..little ones would adore receiving a card with him on..how are your eyes? hope you are resting them accordingly..and congrats on you becoming the featured stamper !!

wanda box said...

found your blog from paper pretties. I am loving this little guy the more I see him thanks for sharing.
wanda

Anonymous said...

Didn't plan on ordering this little guy, but after seeing your card....he was on my order form this morning! Great card :) Thanks for sharing ALL your work. I look forward to receiving your e-mails :)

Donna Baker said...

I love your sock monkey card, the colors are awesome! congrats on featured stamper last week (I haven't played along in forever but I saw it was you-love your blog)