Friday, June 6, 2008

Some Ugly Ribbon!

Heather over at Ribbons and Ink challenged us to use this crazy ribbon on a card. She mailed it to us as long as we promised to figure out a way to use it. Hehe. I think it is kind of fun, yet ugly. I am not too excited about the card but that's alright. The ribbon felt retro to me so I used some retro paper. I then decided to have the paper be most of the focal point so I only added the small sentiment on the scallop punch. The colors are crazy huh? Haha. I also used Tamara's sketch challenge for this card. Let me know what you think, even if you hate it! :D

P.S. I was not able to participate in Taylor's Cupcake Challenge this week due to the fact that I was on vacation when Taylor emailed us the sketch. I will be back next week with her sketch sample though! I am missing it this week!

Recipe:
Stamps: So Many Scallops
Paper: Old Olive, More Mustard, Orchid Opulance, K-I Memories dp,
Ink: None
Accessories: SU! Markers, Punches, Dimensionals, Ribbon, Gel Pen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love how you scalloped your circle to match the scallp in the ribbon. I would not have bought that ribbon, had I seen it in the store, but you made it work. It does not even look all that ugly!

LeAnne said...

I think the ribbon "grows" on you! I like how your DP has the same color in it---good choice all around!
LeAnne