Monday, June 9, 2008

Back From Vacation and Some Exciting News! :D

Wowza! I am almost at 10,000 hits (and that's AFTER having to get a new counter) so I think we will have to celebrate soon with some fantastic blog candy! :D Stay tuned for that. Anyway, we got home late last night and spent today recuperating. It was a fun trip but I am really glad to be home. You can only stare at rocks for so long before getting bored. Haha. We went all over the place. We went to Arches, Bryce Canyon, Capital Reef, Zion, the Grand Canyon, and Mesa Verde. It was extremely busy and we did more hiking than I think I have done in my entire life! I guess you can say I am in much better shape now than when I left! I will try and share some pictures with you later.

I don't have much to show today but I did want to share with you some exciting news. I mailed a package to Jamie and it weighed 66 lbs! The box was huge and I really STUFFED it! Haha. Here is what it looked like:

The picture doesn't do justice in explaining the amount of stuff that was put in this box. The box is actually taller than my coffee table! It was really hard to carry. I had to have my hubby carry it to the post office for me. I am just overwhelmed by everyone's generosity! It has been such a blessing! Thank you so incredibly much to everyone who has sent stuff. I plan on sending another box if you would still like to send stuff. If you are new to my blog and have no idea what I am referring to, view this post. Jamie has been such an inspiration in my life and she has such high spirits! I can't wait to hear her reaction! Well, that's all I have to share for now. I have received a few RAKs over the past week so I will share those along with some new creations tomorrow! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a terrific night!

3 comments:

Melisa said...

I've only come across your blog about two weekss ago and I really like your creativity. I also read the back post about your friend in need. Your generosity of spirit is wonderful! I am just starting out with stamping and cardmaking and do not have a lot of money, but I would like to donate something. Is there something "missing" in that first big box you're going to send her? Please give me a list of a few items if you have tike. Thanks so much!!

Angel Blessings ~ Melisa (melisas-misc@roadrunner.com)

Melisa said...

Hi Steph! I tried to email you back, but it bounced.

Hi Steph ~

Since she didn't really get many embellishments, I'll go to the Dollar Store and get some stuff (Jolie stuff, etc.) I'll see what else they have. I could use getting out of the house tomorrow.... It's been crazy here!

I'll give you an e-mail again when I have the stuff so I can get your address to mail it to you!

Angel Blessings!
Melisa

Melisa said...

Steph ~

I got your email address from your blog in the "about me" section. I was unable to reply to the email's you sent me through the blog.

I went to the Dollar Store today and picked up a few things. I only wish I could afford to buy her some of the GOOD stuff, but it feels good to help your friend. I've had a few times where I could have used someone's help. I have a picture of everything, but I won't allow me to post it.

Can I have your address (or her address) to mail them?

TTYS!
Melisa

P.S. I cannot email you back for some reason. Can you please email me (not through blogger - melisa@roadrunner.com) so I can send you a pic, etc. Please don't use the other email address I gave you. I accidently gave that one to you and it is my Ebay account one. THANKS!