Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Bland Card.



I think there is just way too much ivory on this card. I need to add more color. I was going for simple card but ended up with a bland one. Boo. Oh well. It's really too late to fix it now. I am just stuck with it. Anyway, I made this card for last week's SCS sketch challenge. I am way behind on some of my favorite sketches because I have been so crazy busy with everything. I miss them but what can I do? I just don't have enough time on my hands! For this card I wanted to use some black accents so I punched out the little flowers, added black brads to them, and popped them up on dimensionals. I then tied on some lovely black organza ribbon and called it good. I guess I don't hate the card, but it's definitely not a favorite of mine. Well, that's all for today! Enjoy your Tuesday! I am somewhere in the state of Colorado trucking along behind these dedicated men. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to ride a bike up an entire mountain! They are doing it left and right though! Go boys! :D Us women are enjoying our time together. Continue to pray for their safety if you would. I always get nervous watching these guys get passed by some not-so-courteous drivers going 70 mph.

Recipe: Stamps: Embrace Life Paper: Naturals Ivory, Mellow Moss, Basic Black, Ginger Blossom dsp Ink: StazOn, Mellow Moss Accessories: Blender Pens, Punches, Brads, Ribbon, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.You say bland...I took one look and said, oooh, how pretty!Simple, but striking.

~amy~ said...

I think your card is fabulous...the punches of black are perfect!

Tina said...

This is a pretty card! Becareful on the road!

Debbie Seyer said...

Stephanie,

Your card is great! Thanks so much for the RAK you sent me. I put it on my blog today! Keep up the good work!

Smiles,
Debbie

Megan said...

Beautiful!! I love how simple it is and don't think it's bland at all. Love it!

Stay safe out there! I hope you're taking lots of pictures! :)

Amy said...

I hearby name you the queen of sketch challenges! Girl, you take them all! I need to do that more. Maybe I will this summer.

(You better go check my blog...there is some news...)

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I absolutely LOVE THIS CARD. It is NOT BLAND at all. It is so pretty. Can I case it? Kathy B.

Anonymous said...

I've been blog hopping and noticed you've been a busy RAKing Blogger lately! Great Job!
I really like this card, I think it's dramatic the contrasts of color you have going on here.
Blessings and Happy RAKing!
Deb

Allison said...

I love this card, not bland at all. It's simple but beautiful.