Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Demo Challenge!


Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday. It is absolutely beautiful here again today! It's crazy that we can get at least 6 inches of snow on Wednesday night/Thursday and then have it be absolutely gorgeous and in the mid 60's Friday and Saturday! I am not complaining, it is just funny how our weather works! Well, I have decided that since I am SO far behind on posting cards, I will be posting two for the next couple of days. I hope that's ok! I just discovered a bunch more that I haven't posted yet. Haha! The card for this post is one that I had forgotten about! I made this card a while back for a SU! Demo challenge. Our challenge was to make a simple card that even a beginning stamper could create. We were only allowed to use one stamp set. Luckily, SU! has wonderful sets and almost all of them include multiple images and a couple of different sentiments. We also were limited on our tools and we could only use one type of embellishment. For this card I decided to use ribbon as my embellishment, especially since ribbon is a fairly cheap and easy embellishment to add! We were only allowed two tools (besides the cutter and adhesive) so I chose to use my punches (counts as one tool) and my sponge daubers. I am really pleased with how well this card looks. It reminded me that you don't need a lot of fancy equipment to make a beautiful card! My challenge for you is to try making a simple card as well, you might be surprised at what you come up with! Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Paper: Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Going Gray
Accessories: Ribbon, Punches, Sponge Daubers

3 comments:

Megan said...

Cute cute cute!!!

leanne said...

I really like this simple card too! I love what you did with the ribbon. Hey, check out my blog...I gave you an award:)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How cute! You know I LOVE that ladybug! :)