Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Technique Lover's Challenge: Magic Marquee Card!

Today's card was a BIG challenge for me but I was determined to finish it! Yesterday's Splitcoast challenge was to make a Magic Marquee Card. They are crazy fun but difficult to make if you decide you want to try to adjust the size of the opening like I did! I knew before I started that I wanted to use this adorable SU! set called Lots of Bots and of course my mind couldn't be changed! Haha!

Here is the card when it is shut. Don't you just love that sentiment? It definitely cracked my husband up! Haha! (Edited to add: I just realized it's hard to read. It says "Happy Birthday Human!")
And here is the card when it is opened. The magical part of the card is that little window opens up and the "yellow curtains" separate to reveal the little robot! SO FUN! If you want to make your own, you can follow Jan Tink's instructions here.

As for the rest of this card, the paper is from the Cosmo Cricket Snorkel line. I think this paper is PERFECT for a little boy so I knew it would look wonderful on this card! The rest of the card is pretty self-explanatory but if you do have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D

I hope that you are all enjoying your Tuesday! It's a cloudy, cool day here and I am really hoping that it rains. We haven't had rain in weeks and numerous forest fires have started around us. We live only a short while from the National Sand Dunes and the smoke is really billowing from that fire! There is also a large fire just north of us by the Royal Gorge. SCARY! Let's do a rain dance shall we? :) Have a good one!

1 comment:

SemSee said...

Gorgeous card, Stephanie! And welcome back to blogland - woo-hoo! Also HUGE congrats for you AWESOME news!! I am SO pleased for you both! Hugs, Sem x