Friday, October 12, 2012

Snow Fun and Think Pink: YNS Challenges

Good morning all! I wanted to share this sweet little gift set that I made for both Your Next Stamp Challenges from this week. This week's challenges were "Think Pink" and "Snow Fun"! For the "Think Pink" challenge we were to create something pink for someone fighting breast cancer or in memory of someone who has lost the battle. For my project I wanted to create something for a sweet lady in my church who is currently fighting this horrible disease. She just recently lost all of her hair so I crocheted a pretty pink hat for her to wear and thought it would be neat to make a special box to put it in. Of course, since the challenge from today was "Snow Fun" and I created a warm hat for winter, I wanted to make my projects snow themed as well!
 

To make my box, I decided to pull out my "Skating Fun Fhiona" stamp since this was a hat for winter. I used this tutorial to create my box and embellished it with some different colored card stock which was embossed with my Cuttlebug snowflake folder and then adhered them in a color block pattern. I also added the ribbon and some pom pom tassles to hold the lid on. I then colored and cut Fhiona and popped her up on the front of the box. The final touch was to add some fun rhinestones to the scalloped edge on the lid of the box.


Here's another view of the box so that you can see the color blocking and the top a little better.


Finally, I wanted to create a little card to go along with the gift. I wanted to include a sentiment that I knew would mean something to the recipient so I pulled out my vinyl Thickers and spelled out the word "hugs". I love the little bird from "Get Well Accessories" set, so I stamped, colored, and cut him out twice and then adhered him to the card with dimensional adhesive. The card is 3x3 so that it would fit with the box and was created using a piece of Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly patterned paper. I then embellished it with the same ribbon and rhinestones that I used on the box. 


For those of you who are interested, here is the hat that I created for my friend. I love the colors in it! 

So what do you think?  Do you think she will like it? I definitely enjoyed making it for her and am excited to give it to her on Sunday! Stop by the YNS blog to see both challenges and the other designers creations! I hope you can play along this week!
 

No comments: