Monday, January 10, 2011

Birthday Penguins!


Welcome to another Monday! In exactly a week, I will be holding my baby girl in my arms! That is so crazy to think about! :) Anyway, I wanted to share this fun card that I made this past week. Isn't this image from The Cat's Pajamas great??? I just love this set called "Smells Like Cake". I wanted to participate in the TCP Tuesday inspiration challenge as well as Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try so I pulled this little cutie out! I decided to keep it gender neutral since I seem to always be short on masculine cards. I think I did an ok job on it!

As for the card details, the image was colored with my copics and the sentiment was stamped in versamark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I added some stickles to the cupcake and party hats for a little added dimension. I then used some retired SU! paper and added a corduroy button with a little ribbon embellishment to finish up the look!

I hope you all have a fantastic Monday! I have absolutely LOVED being able to post a card daily this weekend and I hope to keep them coming! I am going to try and get a bunch made so that I can have some ready to post when I'm recovering from my c-section! I don't want to fall out of the habit of posting again!



3 comments:

toners said...

Fabulous card - one of my favorite TCP images! Thanks for playing along with us - and good luck next week :)

Jen Tapler said...

So happy to see you making some cards Steph! I've been thinking about you! Can't wait to meet your little bundle next week! Please make sure my name is on the "E-mail list" to receive the news when she arrives! I'm so excited for you guys!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So pretty Steph!! I can't wait to see pictures of the baby...good luck girl, I will be thinking of you!!