Saturday, October 16, 2010

My First Spotlight!


One of the VSN challenges over on Splitcoast last night was to use the spotlight technique! I can honestly say that I've never even thought to try this technique so it was quite a fun challenge for me! It is definitely much faster when you don't have to color an entire image though! :)

I also wanted to make this card for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge which was to ink and distress the edges of your card! This part of the challenge was a piece of cake for me since I do that to many of my cards already! I decided to pull out my Flourishes set called Peaches and Cherries! I just LOVE this set and don't use it near enough! To keep with the distressed look I added some twine and vintage pearls! I still kind of feel like the card is a little plain because of the uncolored image but overall I'm pretty pleased with it! :D

For those of you who are interested, here is a picture of me at 26 weeks pregnant! I can't believe how big I'm getting! :)

That is about it for today! Enjoy your Saturday! Nick and I are headed to town so that we can get some groceries and get started on our measly Christmas shopping. I really hope our family isn't expecting much because we can't afford a whole lot this year. :( Take care and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love your spotlighting card, those type of images always look great with that technique. You look so adorable with your little belly. Hope you are having a great pregnancy.

Jessie/knightrone said...

So pretty girl!! You look wonderful!!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG....Steph!!! I haven't seen you in forever!!! I'm so excited to see the baby news...BIG *CONGRATULATIONS*...you look beautiful!!! I'm also super thrilled that you played the FTTC with us :)!!! Your card is absolutely beautiful...the distressing and the spotlighting looks awesome!!! Hope to see you again soon and thank you for playing with us!!! Hugs ~S~

leanne said...

Hey Steph! VSN can be so fun! We should get together for the next one. I am getting so low on cards:)

Alyna said...

just Stumbled Upon your blog while browsing the web and couldnt resist say u look cute with u belly :) i would say pregnancy suits u. and not to mention your cards are great. :)