Saturday, June 19, 2010

Prepare to be amazed...

I am posting a card today! WHAT??? I know, I know! It's a miracle! :D Anyway, here it is!This is the very first card I have made since...well...November! I can't believe it took me this long to get back into the swing of things. I had some things come up...some BIG things...and I am just super excited about them!

Want a hint???

This card was sort of inspired by these recent events.

Ok....

I'M PREGNANT! :D

Woah! Crazy huh? I lose my job and end up getting pregnant! Haha! Talk about timing? We are so thrilled though. This has been a long awaited moment, that's for sure. With this new development, we are also seriously considering moving...again! This time, we will probably move back to our home state of Iowa so that we can be near our family. I would obviously miss Colorado but our hearts are just not here anymore.

Anyway, back to the card! I made this card tonight using the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge from Wednesday. I decided to finally ink up this adorable Penny Black set that I bought way back in September! These cute little frogs just look so adorable together and I knew they would be perfect for the sketch! The paper is some retired SU! paper as is the ribbon. I colored the frogs with my Copics (I am so glad I decided not to sell them!) and then popped them up on dimensionals! All in all, I think it turned out pretty stinkin' cute considering I have been a little rusty at this card making business! :D What do you think?

Ok, that's enough for tonight! Guess what...I made TWO cards tonight which means I will have another one to show you very soon! Yippee! Until then, have a great night!



8 comments:

Michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both. Enjoy your new adventure.

Gail Johnson said...

Congratulations! Kids are the best! Also glad you are back to card making. I love your simple yet totally rockin' style. Welcome back!

Ida said...

Congratulations on your exciting news!
Cute card too. I adore frogs and this one is just as cute as can be.

Mary Friederichsen said...

Congratulations Stephanie!!
See what happens when you put your trust in the Lord! Yay!

Love your card, it is so adorable!
Glad you are back to crafting again.
Can't wait to see what else you will have in store for us!
May God Bless you and your precious gift!
Have an amazing week!

Maylee said...

Congratulations Stephanie! What awesome news!

Love your cute card!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your news and I'm so glad to see you back on your blog and posting!!! Glad I left you on the favorites list! Have a good weekend and take care!
lgaley@charter.net

Mandy said...

So it's been a while since I looked at your blog and I see that you have exciting news! Congrats and best wishes on the upcoming arrival! I am glad you are back to making cards - I LOVE your work! Take care and keep us posted on all your adventures!
- Mandy

Meredith said...

*finally* catching up on my google reader and I came across your happy news!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! Wishing you a very healthy and happy pregnancy :)
Welcome back to creating! you've been missed!