Lots of posts today! Scroll down to see more! :)
Good Sunday afternoon everyone! I seriously cannot believe that today is Super Bowl Sunday! I officially met my husband 4 years ago at a Super Bowl party that we were invited to by some mutual friends (that was the year of Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake...hehe). However, the circumstances were not good and the timing was off so 2 years later we were re-introduced and actually hit it off! I seriously cannot believe how the Lord works in those situations! It's crazy! Ok...anyway...on to today's project!
I made this project for the January Verve Project Parade that is going on over on the Verve blog! Make sure you check it out! Anyway, I knew I wanted to make something for my niece so I grabbed this box that is from the Taylored Expressions store! Taylor sent it to me for Christmas and I am not finally getting around to using it! :D Thanks Taylor! Anyway, before putting the box together I decided to decorate it with my fabulous Verve set called "Hundred Hearts". I stamped the row of hearts in Versamark and then heat embossed it with my white embossing powder. I added a strip of Pink Pirouette card stock right about that and then tied some ribbon around the box. A heart brad was then added as the box closure.
I stamped, cut out, and glittered up a large heart to stick on the top of the box. I layered it on another piece of Pink Pirouette card stock and then added brads to the corner!
The last step I took when decorating my box was to decorate the inside by embossing this fabulous Winnie the Pooh sentiment and attaching it. I felt like I needed to include some kind of message and this was the perfect fit!
Once the box was complete I then made the magnets. I made them using the decorative pebbles that you can get really cheap at Hobby Lobby or some other craft store. I stamped the letters using my Stampendous Alphabet set. The heart is another image from the "Hundred Hearts" set. I then punched all 4 images out and stuck them to the backs of the pebbles with crystal effects. Once it dried I attatched the magnets. To make it look a little prettier yet, I then stuck the magnets in a brown organza bag that some of my Unity Stamps came in.
Well, I think that pretty much sums up this project! I hope you enjoyed it!