Thursday, May 15, 2008

We Arrived in Iowa With a Prayer Request



Good evening everyone. Well, Nick and I made it to Iowa today. It was a long trip and we are glad to finally be here. However, it's been a rough trip already. We got a call on the way home from Nick's father telling us that Nick's grandpa had fallen ill and was probably not going to make it through the week. We didn't know just HOW bad he was until we reached the hospital. It was horrifying. Nick was completely shocked at the state his grandfather was in. He has had pnemonia and has fallen into an unresponsive state. He can hardly breathe and we aren't sure how much longer he will survive. Please keep us in your prayers this weekend. If he dies, I will not be able to make it back home in time for school on Monday and I don't have any kind of subplans ready. Pray that we allow God to take control of this situation and that He will give us a peace about everything. Pray for Nick and his family as well. This has been very hard on them. They weren't prepared for it. On top of this whole situation I have to act happy at my friend's wedding too. I am happy for her but I am constantly worried about my husband. He adored his grandfather and was extremely close to him. He regrets not being able to get to his grandfather before he entered this stage of illness. I may not be able to post much these next few days but I will try to keep you all updated.


Before I leave, I want to mention that I made this card for Jen del Muro's sketch challenge. I made it earlier this week and wanted to get it posted before she posts her new sketch tomorrow. I do love how it turned out.

Well, thats all for now. I'm going to bed. It's going to be a long weekend.

Recipe:
Stamps: Doodle This
Paper: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Always Artichoke
Ink: Regal Rose, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Black StazOn
Accessories: Blender Pens, Brads, Ribbon, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Amy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Hugs,
Amy

Megan said...

We will be praying for you both! Beautiful card! Love you!

Alex said...

Your cardis beautiful! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

stampinganja said...

Praying for you!
With love, Anja

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph,
We just lost both of our fathers and can relate very much to your feelings about "grandpa". We will pray that you all gain strength through God's love. I'm glad you are with family and friends at this hard time.
Fondly,
Cindy

Nikki said...

Beautiful card! My thoughts for you, Nick and his family are with you. I'm hoping for a miracle...

hregn3 said...

Amy I just found your blog and am amazed by your work. I am a nurse and deal with your current situation regularly. I wish you and your husband peace as you come to terms with your husband's grandfathers illness. Death is a part of life that we all must go through all we can ask is that God has mercy on us and allows it to be a peaceful transition.

Amy said...

I'll be thinking of and praying for your family. I love your blog and added you to my list of "awesome bloggers" and hope that is okay.