Tuesday, January 29, 2013

YNS Tasty Tuesday: You're Spectacular!

This year we are doing something a little different with the Your Next Stamp challenges. We are starting something called the "Tasty Tuesday" challenge. Each month, Karen picks out a food related picture and we are then challenging all of you to be inspired by that photo to create a card or project! If you then decide to take part in the challenge, you will be entered into a monthly drawing for a $10 YNS gift certificate! To see more examples of what we've been inspired to create, stop by either the YNS blog, our Pinterest page, or our Facebook page! There's tons of great inspiration on those sights!

Now, onto this month's inspirational photo: Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies

Don't those look AMAZING? The colors alone are what inspire me the most but I also love the little touch of sprinkles!

For my card I wanted to use the new set called "Spectacular"! This is the girl version of "Spiffy Cool" and I just adore her! She completely reminds me of myself back when I was in elementary school and...dare I say...my nerdy days! I knew what colors I wanted to work with and found that the Cosmo Cricket "UPcycle" paper pack was perfect! Besides being inspired by the colors, I wanted to represent the sprinkles by both the little girl's dress, and the circles in the background so I found that this past week's Deconstructed Sketch challenge fit perfectly! I also added a little swirl to the circle behind the girl. 

Well that pretty much sums up today's post! I hope you have time to participate in this month's challenge if you haven't already! Thanks again for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.