Sunday, July 12, 2009

We remember the moments.


Isn't that SO true? Whether it be good or bad, we always tend to remember the moments that take place. I can accept that I have had my good and bad moments and I try so hard not to remember the bad, but you know it as well as I do that it can sometimes be impossible to forget them. Anyway, I have been doing some reflecting on my life today because the sermon in church this morning was on convictions and the relief we feel when we finally accept those convictions and go to the source for forgiveness. My pastor summed up conviction in a way that really made a lot of sense to me. He said "Conviction is our heart's way of trying to be whole with it's maker." Isn't that so true? It is for me at least. Anyway, I just really wanted to share that with you today because it has truly been on my heart. In fact, so much so that after church I came home and had a serious breakdown! :) I am so much better now but it hurt for a while there. It's the giant breath before the plunge that's the worse though, am I right?

Ok, so this card uses the Unity June Kit of the Month. I wanted to keep the quote the main focus on my card so I didn't add any images. I used my top note die to cut out the card with kraft and then cut out a piece of Deja Views Butcher Block dp (That you can pick up at Archivers for only $1.99!). I trimmed the edges of the dp so that you could see the kraft behind it. I then stamped the quote in Night of Navy ink and layered it on some Mellow Moss card stock. The ribbon is Offray and the charm was actually in some blog candy that I won from Laurie Schmidlin (thanks girl)! :D To add a little bit more interest to the card I added 3 simple brads in the bottom corner of my card. I really love the finished look of this card and hope that you do as well!

Well, that's it for my post today! Sorry for the ramblings but I do hope that it is ok with you when I choose to share my heart. It's who I am and I want to share some of that through my crafting! :D I want to wish you all a blessed Sunday and hope that you take the time to remember the reason for this day! :) Thank you SO much for stopping by! Take care!


5 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

gorgeous card.. I need one of those top note dies now! LOVE IT!

leanne said...

Beautiful card Steph! I love the colors.

Joanne (jojot) said...

stunning

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning!!

jennifer mitten said...

I love this sentiment. I just used it on a beautiful sympathy card because it is so versatile and expresses just the right feeling about a loved one.