Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Joyful Birdie!


Well our birdies are certainly joyful today! It is an absolutely gorgeous day here! We had 70 degree temps with hardly any wind! Woohoo! Today we took our kids on a little mini field trip to our supermarket and we couldn't have asked for nicer temperatures! It was a lot of fun to get out and take a walk, that's for sure!

Anyway, I made this card for the Unity Celebration color challenge. I love this paper called "Sweet Slumber" from Stampin' Up! It fit the color challenge PERFECTLY! To go along with this challenge I also used the Mojo Monday sketch challenge from last week (yes I know I am behind). The bird is from the adorable Unity set called "Giggle Grove" and the sentiment is from the set called "Feel the Joy". Overall I really like how this card turned out. I know that I broke some serious rules by not adding string to my button but I just couldn't get it to look right!

Well, that's it for today. We have another field trip tomorrow. We are taking our kiddos to a Pippi Longstocking play and then to the Children's Museum! It will hopefully be lots of fun! I have another crazy and hectic weekend a head of me. We are taking a van full of youth to a conference in Denver for the weekend. I already plan on being dead tired when we get home so I am not exactly looking forward to not having a break before I have to start work on Monday. I just feel like we have been going nonstop and I really need a day off! Ok, enough of my pitiful wining! :D

Have a great evening!

3 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Girl, you're not whining! You're just telling it like it is! LOL Your card is fantastic!! Have fun on all your trips and I hope/pray that you find rest soon! {{HUGS}}

Christine Blain said...

Stephanie, this card is GORGEOUS! Very clean lines, and super-cute. I, too, love SU's Sweet Slumber paper, thanks for the inspiration!

Tasha said...

Oh wow what a great card loving the colours and different papers you have used on this card - its fabulous
love tasha xx