Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Blog Header AND Newly Discovered Stamps! :D

I have found that when Nick is getting ready for a sermon, I have the entire day to do whatever I want and he won't probably miss me much! Hehe! That guy spends hours upon hours getting ready! Anyway, due to this large amount of time, I spent a big portion of my day browsing the internet. :D I have two discoveries that I would like to share:

#1. While perusing different sites, I decided I wanted to take up digi scrapping. I found this great starter site called CropMom.com and made my very first digi layout which I then turned into my blog header! What do you think? It's not too bad for my first time. To continue on, I then decided I needed a better program that will let me do more so I have convinced Nick that we should get Photoshop Elements! :D He has actually been wanting it as well so it wasn't too difficult to persuade him.

#2.I also found a few new stamp companies that I absolutely LOVE! :)
  • The first company was one I had heard about but never checked out--Our Daily Bread Designs! They have the most amazing stamp sets! I love sharing my faith through my card making and this company creates the most gorgeous Christian stamps! I have to admit that it was hard to pick between my favorites but my husband said I couldn't spend much so I bought two new sets! So...do you want to see which two I picked??? I picked Flourished Christian Symbols and Light of the World. I already know which ones will be next too! :D
  • The second company I discovered today was one I had never heard about--Whimsy Stamps! I can tell you right now that they will be a favorite of mine though. Not only are their stamps EXTREMELY adorable, they are SUPER affordable! :) I love cute animal stamps and this company has some of the cutest animal images I have ever seen! I will be ordering this turtle, this moose, and this owl for sure! Also, I decided to check out their design team blogs and I found that there is a challenge currently open on Paper Craft Planet AND one of the dt gals, Erin, is giving away some Whimsy stamps on her blog! Woohoo! Of course I am going to enter that fabulous drawing! :)
Ok...those are my discoveries so far! I am excited about them, that's for sure! Sorry for all the ramblings tonight. That's what happens when you don't have anyone to talk to all day! Haha!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute blog header!!!

Donna Baker said...

great banner~love the sets you chose & look fwd to seeing what you make with them.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Great banner..you did great!!

Tammy said...

Love your new banner.
I've been pondering the Photoshot Elements purchase as well.
I just recently started Digi also.
Thanks for sharing the stamp companies. I'd not hear of them either. They are great.
TFS

Unknown said...

Hey Steph!! Great job with the new blog header!! So you've officially been sucked into the digi world, huh? If you ever have any questions or want to chat about it, shoot me an e-mail!! I am soooo hooked!! And if you're looking for an AWESOME class, you should check out Up & Running with Photoshop at jessicasprague.com - her classes are GREAT - I've taken them all and still go back and watch the videos from time to time when I need a little "refresher" on a particular technique. What version of photoshop did you get? My e-mail is jennifertapler at msn dot com. I'd love to chat digi sometime!!! :-)

Erin... said...

thanks for passing along the info about my candy. and for the nice things you said about whimsy stamps:) good luck in the drawing:)

Anthonette said...

I also bought Photoshop Elements recently, but my computer is a little too slow to run it...everything takes forever. Good work on your banner. Super cute.