Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another Weekend Sketch! :D


Good evening everyone! I didn't get any time to stamp today because I spent an amazing weekend with my hubby in the Springs. We had a fabulous time! Nick gets free hotel rooms with his credit card so we got to stay in a very luxurious king suite for free! It was an amazing suite. We had a kitchen area, living room area, bedroom, and a huge bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub! We felt like we were living the high life! Hehe. It was nice to just get away and forget about work and everything else. We finally got the chance to just focus on each other. I think we are going to try doing that more often. Maybe once every couple of months. Anyway, here is the card that I did for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge this week. I really loved this sketch because it was long. I don't find myself doing long cards very often when I actually really love the look of them! I was really struggling with what to put in the small rectangle when all of a sudden I heard a knock on the door. Guess who it was...the UPS man with my new free All Holidays stamp set! :D I was so excited and couldn't wait to mount the stamps and use them. I didn't have a Mother's Day or Father's Day sentiment so I knew I had to have this set. Now, since I have a feeling my mommy will be reading this post, I will tell you that I am going to give this card to either Nick's mom or my grandma! Haha. Sorry mom, you don't get to see yours! :P I hope everyone has a fantastic night. I just had to steal a few minutes to post a blog but now I am getting back to my wonderful husband. We are going to watch a movie and cuddle! :D That's one of my favorite things to do! Ok, I'm checking out! Good night!

Recipe:
Stamps: All Holidays, Embrace Life
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Ruby Red, Watercolor, Ginger Blossom dp
Ink: Black StazOn
Accessories: SU! Markers, Blender Pens, Ribbon, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just beautiful, Stephanie! LOVE what you did with the sketch!

leanne said...

Lovely card! I love that all holidays stamp set.

Allison said...

This is a beautiful card! LOVE your take on the sketch. I need to get myself some Mother and Father's Day stamps too!

Deb said...

Hey darlin' this is yo momma! You are such a brat! I thought I might get a sneak peak at my Mother's Day card, but noooooooooo! I guess I'll just have to wait until mine comes in the mail. Just don't forget to put the right postage on this one! ;) I'm glad you had a great weekend with your hubby. Everyone needs a get away once in a while! Can't wait to see you next week! Love you, Girl!

Megan said...

Beautiful!! I am going to try and duplicate this tonight I think. Key word = TRY! :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stephanie! What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing.
Hugs and smiles