Friday, April 18, 2008

Which Card Should I Show???

Happy Friday! Nick arrived home safely today! However, my poor baby's entire upper lip is one big cold sore so I can't kiss him! :( Luckily it is healing so hopefully the scabs (that word grosses me out) will fall off soon! While he was away, I made tons of cards. That is the problem. I have made at least two a night for the past 4 days so I have an abundance of cards still to show you! I can't decide which card to show you first! I have lots of favorites. Hmmm. I think I am going to show you one now, and then one later. Hopefully that works for all of you! Anyway, the card I think I am going to show you now is a card I made for this week's SCS sketch challenge. I did this card Wednesday night and I think it is the oldest one I have yet to show. I loved this week's sketch challenge! It was so much fun! I decided for this sketch that I wanted to use the cute little bird from the Fun & Fast Notes set. I also decided I wanted to use the cute stamps I received in the mail a couple of days ago so I had it look like the bird was standing on the sentiment! I like how it turned out. I used my Bali Breeze dsp and crimped a piece of taken with teal cardstock for the background. I also put a scalloped piece of taken with teal to give it a more feminine feel. The little strip is made with old olive cs (again, I'm addicted) and Summer Picnic dsp with some ribbon over it. I added some glitter and a cute brad to the flower and that's pretty much it! Let me know if you have any questions on my card! Have a wonderful Friday evening and thanks so much for stopping by!














Recipe:
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes
Paper: Taken with Teal, Old Olive, Bali Breeze dsp, Summer Picnic dsp, Watercolor
Ink: Black StazOn
Accessories: SU! Markers, Blender Pen, Ribbon, Paper Crimper, Brad, SU! Glitter, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Diane said...

They are absolutely gorgeous,love the color combo,one of my favorites!! Have an awesome weekend!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

very pretty

Megan said...

Love the colors! I love that set too, I need it! :)

Amy said...

I love that you gave the bird something to stand on. He always just seems to float. I love the two cards you have with this set recently (the kickstand and this one) and I need to cASE them. I am not too fond of this set but you're cards are really cute!