Thursday, April 17, 2008

THIS Week's Be Inspired Challenge!


Well, I tried all night and all morning to post this but our internet has been down so here it is!
Alright, as I mentioned earlier, I did do this week's Beate's Be Inspired Challenge last night before going to bed. I choose to be inspired by the colors in this incredible painting as well as the swirls for the tree! I had yet to ink up this set (I bought it AFTER Christmas) and decided it didn't necessarily have to be solely a Christmas image! It makes the perfect masculine card image (imho). On this card I also used Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. I gave it a rustic feel by roughing up the edges and then sponging them. I also added some twine for a little more dimension along with these great brads. The piece of close to cocoa was also stamped with my Itty Bitty Backgrounds. I think that's a bout all there is to this card! I am pretty happy with how it turned out! This card will be going to my hubby (shhh...don't tell) as a Welcome Home card! He is in Wyoming again this week and I am SO ready for him to be back. I miss my man! Well, I hope everyone has a great night!

Recipe:
Stamps: Solemn Stillness, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Real Rust, Garden Green, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Real Rust, Close to Cocoa, Garden Green, More Mustard
Accessories: Brads, Edge Distresser, Sponge Daubers, Twine, Dimensionals

3 comments:

leanne said...

This card turned out great! I love the rustic-ness:)

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I love how you combined both challenges! Beautiful card.
Hugs and smiles

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great card! I love the colors and the rustic feel. Thanks for playing! :)