Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Leanne's Gift and a Near Impossible Challenge!

Hello everyone! It's Wednesday and my husband is gone which means that I am in charge of T-Church tonight! Yikes! I am going to admit, I am pretty nervous about it. Being in charge of 30+ kids by yourself can be very challenging! I don't have too much planned though. We will probably play a game, do some worshipping, watch a slideshow from the Mexico trip, and write letters to the child we sponser over in Bolivia. I can't believe how much I take for granted what Nick does! He is so amazing. It just blows me away! Anyway, I am going to share with you the gift that I made for Leanne but first I have to share this near impossible challenge with you! This week on Splitcoast the color challenge was to use Night of Navy, Glorious Green, and Real Red. I didn't really think about it being too difficultuntil I actually sat down and tried it! YIKES! Those colors do not look very good together AND I have no dsp that would match! So...here is what I came up with. To get myself started I got out the colors, looked at them and thought to myself "Only a man would want these colors on a card." So that's what I did, I made a masculine birthday card. Let me know what you think!


Now, onto something pretty and much more pleasing to the eyes! Here is the gift and card I gave Leanne yesterday! Now, I have to be honest, none of these projects were my ideas, I just made them my own! The peek-a-boo card tutorial that I used is on, who else, but Dawn's blog! I love how it works. On the front you see one image and when you open it up a new image slides in! You will have to look at her blog to know what I mean! The post-it note keychain tutorial is on the wonderful Angie Juda's blog. I had made one of these earlier but not with this fantastic scallop punch! Last, but not least, I made the box using a short tutorial that I found on Jen del Muro's blog! She has some incredible stuff as well! All three tutorials got the job done, that's for sure! I decided that I wanted to use the new Summer Picnic dsp and the new Tart & Tangy set from the New Mini Catalog and I am glad I did because Leanne doesn't have it yet! :D It's always nice to be able to look at something new.



Recipe for Birthday Card:
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy, Whimsy Wheel
Paper: Glorious Green, Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White:
Ink: Basic Black, Glorious Green, Real Red, Night of Navy
Accessories: Punches, Dimensionals, Brads, Sponge Daubers

Recipe for Leanne's Gift:
Stamps: Tart & Tangy
Paper: Summer Picnic dsp, Whisper White, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Accessories: Ribbon, Dimensionals, Punches, SU! Markers, Sticky Strip, Gel Pen

3 comments:

Danielle L. said...

Gorgeous projects Steph! I just wanted to let you know that you won the blog candy I posted the other day to my blog: fatcatstamper.blogspot.com. Just shoot me an email at dlounds @ yahoo . com with your address and I'll mail the goodies to you! Congrats!

Danielle

P.S. Sorry your favorite jacket and luggage were stolen. What a bummer!!!

Megan said...

Wow, incredible. You never cease to amaze me! I absolutely love the card you made! I am always looking for colors for "manly" cards, so that is perfect. Your projects for your friend are beautiful - she is lucky to have you! :)

leanne said...

I am lucky to have you! :) Thanks again for the awesome birthday goodies. I really like your other card. I think it turned out great!