Friday, February 8, 2008

It's My Hubby's Birthday!

Today my husband turned the big 25! I was really struggling with ideas for his card since I have very few materials to work with so I got out what I had and just started playing. I love what I came up with! I figured that while I was at it I might as well participate in Beate's weekend sketch challenge too. I don't have any actual SU! card stock yet but I do have some SU! ink and card stock that kind of matched. I just started looking for colors that would look good together and tried matching them with the ink and as a result I found some pretty close matches! I then found some brads that I had and some ribbon which made perfect embellishments! I have a Happy Birthday stamp that I got at Hobby Lobby a little while back and the circle stamp is from the SU! Sweet Shapes stamp set. The colors I used were Summer Sun, Old Olive, and Brocade Blue. I never would have imagined those colors could work so well together! Anyway, here is the final result! Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!




1 comment:

Megan said...

Very very cute steph!! You are so talented. You are one of those people that this just comes naturally for them... that's awesome :) I love reading your blog..keep writing!!!
Thanks again for the birthday card... it is soooo cute, I'm going to definitely keep it in my card box for inspiration. It's adorable!